Davy, John, 1790-1868, An account of the interior of Ceylon, and of its inhabitants , 1821
An account of the interior of Ceylon, and of its inhabitants : with travels in that island / by John Davy.
- London : Printed for Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, and Brown, 1821.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 530 p.,  leaves of plates (2 folded) : ill. (some col.), maps ; 28 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDS489 .D38 1821+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Aquatint and engraving by J. Clark and Copley Fielding; after drawings by Lieutenants William Thomas Lyttleton and Charles Peter Auber.
Map of Ceylon engraved by Sidney Hall.
Printed by A. &. R. Spottiswoode, New-Street-Square.
Abbey, J.R. Travel, 412
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in half calf and marbled boards. Bookplate: John Berners.
- Subject Terms:
- A. &. R. Spottiswoode -- Printer.Berners, John -- Bookplate.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1821.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1821.Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, and Brown -- Publisher.Sri Lanka -- Description and travel.Sri Lanka -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.
- Aquatints -- 1821.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1821.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.