A collection of designs for rural retreats, as villas. Principally in the Gothic and castle styles of architecture, with their ichnography, or plans, laid down to scale; and other appendages. By James Malton ...
- London, J. and T. Carpenter 
- Physical Description:
- 3 p.., xii, 43 p. 34 plates (incl. plans) 37 cm. (in case 42 cm.)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A N 22View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC : British Art Center has 2 copies. Copy 2, which is 35 cm., has the bookplate of Thomas Munro. With copy 2 is bound copy 2 of: Noble, Thomas. Practical perspective. London, 1805.
BAC : Abbey, Life in England, 35 (copy 2: Abbey copy).
BAC : "V. Griffiths, printer."
BAC : Added half-title, aquatinted.
BAC : Plates dated 1802.
BEIN: Half-title engraved.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Domestic -- Designs and plans.
YCBA Collections Search
Malton, James, d. 1803, A collection of designs for rural retreats, as villas, 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.