Bewick gleanings: being impressions from copperplates and wood blocks, engraved in the Bewick workshop ... Edited, with notes, by Julia Boyd ... To which are added, lives of Thos. Bewick and his pupils ...
- Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Andrew Reid, 1886.
- Physical Description:
- xxiv p., 1 leaf, 108 p., 1 leaf, 104 p. front., ill., LIII plates, ports., facsim. 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNE1147.6 B47 B69 1886b+ Copy 1 OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsSave 2503Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC : 2 copies. Copy 1. Frontispiece by C.O. Murray, after J. Ramsay; portraits of Bewick by Henry Hoppner Meyer and F. Bacon, after James Ramsay; plates and illustrations by or after Thomas Bewick, John Jackson, John Bewick, Robert Elliot Bewick, Charlton Nesbit, Luke Clennell, William Harvey, A. Anderson, Isaac Nicholson, John Thurston, and Ralph Beilby. Copy 2. Presentation copy. Signed by author.
Large paper copy.
- Subject Terms:
- Bewick, Thomas, 1753-1828.Wood-engravers -- Great Britain.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.