Bowles & Carver, Bowles & Carver's new and enlarged catalogue, of accurate and useful maps, plans, and prints,, 1795]
- Bowles & Carver's new and enlarged catalogue, of accurate and useful maps, plans, and prints, of various sorts; universal and English atlasses, correct books of roads, architecture, perspective, geometry, antiquities, &c. elegant drawing-books ... also, great variety of other valuable articles ...
- [London, Bowles and Carver, 1795]
- Physical Description:
- 185 (i.e., 177),  p. 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGA103 B6Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Pages 44-51 omitted in paging.
Includes, on pages 78-81, "Perspective views of shipping, views of the cities of London and Westminster, and of the most eminent churches, buildings, squares, &c. ... the whole designed for viewing with surprising beauty and effect, in the diagonal mirror, or optical pillar machine [i.e., zograscope], consisting of 271 English and foreign views. Each printed on a half-sheet of fine paper ... Diagonal mirrors, neatly fitted up in mahogany, with looking-glass, &c. One guinea each."
At head of title: 1795.
- Subject Terms:
- Atlases, British -- Catalogs.Maps -- Catalogs.Prints -- 18th century -- Catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.