Oxtoby, David, Oxtoby's rockers , 1978
- Oxtoby's rockers : the eternal fan / David Sandison.
- Oxford : Phaidon, 1978.
- Physical Description:
- 80 pages : illustrations, chiefly portraits (chiefly color) ; 30 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsML87 .O9 1978+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of Jack W. C. Hagstrom, M.D.Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "The raw, exciting sound of rock 'n' roll in the Fifties and early Sixties touched off a response that affected the lives of a whole generation. David Oxtoby's art is dynamic tribute to the greats from that era and to those today who are still rocking. Such is the power of his work that the urgency and vitality and happiness of the music leap out from every picture. Here in paint, is the roaring, pounding, stomping sound of rock and its legendary performers ..."--Back cover.
BAC: British Art Center copy signed by Sandison and Oxtoby.
- Subject Terms:
- Rock music -- Pictorial works.Rock musicians -- Portraits.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.