Baxter's gems of the Great Exhibition. Dedicated by special command to His Imperial Majesty the Emperor of Austria, by his most humble servant, George Baxter.
- London, Published at the offices of the patentee 
- Physical Description:
-  p. ill., mounted col. plates. 34 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsT690 C1 B3+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- BAC : Abbey, Scenery, 243 (Abbey copy).
BAC : Title vignette and plates engraved and printed by the author.--Cf. Clarke.
Published in 1854, according to Clarke, H.G. Baxter colour prints pictorially presented. London, 1920-21.
Title vignette, colored and mounted.
Friedman, J. Color printing in England, 1486-1870, 53, 54
Selected exhibitions: "Color Printing in England, 1486-1870" (Yale Center for British Art, 20 April-25 June, 1978).
- Subject Terms:
- Great Exhibition (1851 : London, England)
- Baxter prints -- 1854.
YCBA Collections Search
Baxter, George, 1804-1867, Baxter's gems of the Great Exhibition, 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.