A book of ornam[ents] invented & engrav[ed by] S. Gribelin. : A new book of ornaments: useful to all artists. Dedicated to the honourable Colonel Parsons. These XVI plates are now made up into one book of XII leaves.
- London : Printed for John Bowles and Son, and Carington Bowles, [1764?]
- Physical Description:
- 16 plates on 12 leaves. 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNE2700 G7 1764View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Part of title obscured by engraved drapery.
Published about 1764. The partnership between John Bowles and his son Carington ended in 1763; as of 1764 Carington had his own establishment.
Title page included in number of plates.
- Subject Terms:
- Decoration and ornament, Rococo.Decoration and ornament.
YCBA Collections Search
Gribelin, Simon, 1661 or 1662-1733, A book of ornam[ents] invented & engrav[ed by] S. Gribelin. , [1764?]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.