Polygraphice: or The arts of drawing, engraving, etching, limning, painting, washing, varnishing, gilding, colouring, dying, beautifying and perfuming ... To which also is added, I. The one hundred and twelve chymical arcanums of Petrus Johannes Faber ... II. An abstract of choice chymical preparations, fitted for vulgar use, for curing most diseases incident to humane bodies.
- The 5th ed., enl. with above a thousand considerable additions. Adorned with XXV. copper sculptures; the like never yet extant. By William Salmon ...
- London, Printed for Thomas Passinger and Thomas Sawbridge, 1685.
- Physical Description:
- 33 p.., 767 p. front. (port.) plates. 20 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7420 S2 1685View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC : Frontispiece, added t.-p., and plates by W. Sherwin, Guil. Vaughan, F.H. Van Hove, and Tho. Crofts Junior.
Added t.-p., engraved.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Early works to 1800.Medicine -- Formulae, receipts, prescriptions.Portrait painting.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.