Observations on laying out farms, in the Scotch style, adapted to England. Comprising an account of the introduction of the Berwickshire husbandry into Middlesex and Oxfordshire. With remarks on the importance of this system to the general improvement of landed property. Illustrated by forty plates, descriptive of farm buildings, rural improvements, &c. &c. recently executed. By J.C. Loudon, F.L.S.
- London, J. Harding, 1812.
- Physical Description:
- 2 p.., -16, -105 p. col. plates (part. fold.) plans (part. fold.) 38 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A S 3 Copy 1View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A S 3 Copy 2View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC : British Art Center has two copies. In copy 1, plate 25 has been bound in as a frontispiece; in copy 2, plate 1 serves the same function.
BAC : "Harding and Wright, printers"--verso of half-title; "printed by T. Hood and Co."--p. 105.
BAC : "Printed by T. Hood."
BAC : Plates by J. Greig; after the author, or Miss Loudon.
- Subject Terms:
- Agriculture -- Economic aspects.Agriculture -- England.Farm buildings.
YCBA Collections Search
Loudon, J. C. (John Claudius), 1783-1843, Observations on laying out farms,, 1812
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.