The laws of contrast of colour: and their application to the arts of painting, decoration of buildings, mosaic work, tapestry and carpet weaving, calico printing, dress, paper staining, printing, illumination, landscape, and flower gardening, &c. By M.E. Chevreul ... Translated from the French by John Spanton.
- Additional Title(s):
De la loi du contraste simultané des couleurs. English.
- New ed., with illustrations printed in colours.
- London, Routledge, Warnes, and Routledge, 1859.
New York, Routledge, Warnes, and Routledge, 1859.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 237,  p. 18 plates (part. col.) 17 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQC495.8 C415 1859bView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 107
BAC : 17 plates "engraved and printed in colours by Edmund Evans."
BAC : "Savill and Edwards, printers."
BAC: Abbey copy.
- Subject Terms:
YCBA Collections Search
Chevreul, M. E. (Michel Eugène), 1786-1889, The laws of contrast of colour, 1859
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.