The seasons, by James Thomson. Illustrated with engravings by F. Bartolozzi, R.A. and P.W. Tomkins, historical engravers to Their Majesties; from original pictures painted for the work by W. Hamilton, R.A.
- London, Printed for P.W. Tomkins, 1797.
- Physical Description:
- 7 p.l., 244 p. col. front., col. ill., col. plates. 47 cm.
- Unable to reach service. Holdings currently not available
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- BEIN Folio Tinker 2133: Bookplate of Chauncey Brewster Tinker. Booksellers' ticket: H. Sotheran & Co., booksellers, 140, Strand, London.
BAC : Abbey, Life in England, 252 (Abbey copy).
BAC : Dedication page engraved by H. Ashby; after T. Tomkins.
BAC : "The letter-press by T. Bensley. The types by V. Figgins."
BAC : Frontispiece bound in after t.-p.
Signatures: 9 leaves unsigned; B-Z²; 2A-2I²; 4 leaves unsigned; 2N-2Z²; 3A-3Q².
Tinker Library, 2133
Friedman, J. Color printing in England, 1486-1870, 30
Selected exhibitions: "Color Printing in England, 1486-1870" (Yale Center for British Art, 20 April-25 June, 1978).
- Subject Terms:
- Tinker, Chauncey Brewster, 1876-1963 -- Bookplate.
- Booksellers' labels (Provenance) -- H. Sotheran & Co.
- IIIF Manifest: