Picturesque scenery in the Holy Land and Syria : delineated during the campaigns of 1799 and 1800 / by F.B. Spilsbury, of His Majesty's Ship, Le Tigre, surgeon in that expedition during both campaigns.
- London : Printed for G.S. Tregear, 37, Union Row, New Kent Road, by Howlett and Brimmer, 10, Frith Street, Soho, 1823.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 70 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDS108.5 .S65 1823+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Engravings by W. Stack; after F.B. Spilsbury.
Dedication signed: Edward Orme.
First published, London, 1803.
Abbey, J.R. Travel, 383
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in half roan.
- Subject Terms:
- Howlett and Brimmer -- Printer.Lebanon -- Description and travel.Palestine -- Description and travel.Syria -- Description and travel.Tregear, G. S. -- Publisher.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1823.
YCBA Collections Search
Spilsbury, F. B. (Francis B.), Picturesque scenery in the Holy Land and Syria , 1823
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.