Chatto, William Andrew, 1799-1864, A third preface to "A treatise on wood engraving, historical and practical;", 1839
- A third preface to "A treatise on wood engraving, historical and practical;" exposing the fallacies contained in the first, restoring the passages suppressed in the second, and containing an account of Mr. John Jackson's actual share in the composition and illustration of that work. In a letter to Stephen Oliver. By William A. Chatto, author of the first seven chapters of the work, and the writer of the whole as originally printed. ...
- London, Printed for the author, by Walter Spiers, 1839.
- Physical Description:
- 36 p. 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNE1030 C48 copy 3Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : Manuscript notes by the author.
BAC : Bound with copy 3 of Chatto, William A. A treatise on wood engraving, historical and practical. London, 1839.
- Subject Terms:
- Jackson, John, 1801-1848.Wood-engraving -- History.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.