Picturesque views of Ramsgate, with descriptions: by H. Moses. To which is prefixed an historical account of Ramsgate.
- London, H. Moses, 1817 [i.e., 1821]
- Physical Description:
- 8 p., 33 leaves. front., 23 plates, fold. plan. 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690 R15 M9 1817b Copy 1View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690 R15 M9 1817b Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC : British Art Center has 2 copies. In copy 2, the year of publication of the plates has been erased. Plates 3, 7, 8, and 17 are in different states in the 2 copies: plates 3, 7, and 8 in copy 2 showing an obelisk that was under construction 1821-2. Copy 2 was bound by Burgess & Hunt, Ramsgate.
BAC : "Printed by R. and A. Taylor."
A large paper copy was issued in 1817, without a frontispiece, and with plates in an earlier state.
Two plates dated 1818; one plate dated 1821.
- Subject Terms:
- Ramsgate (England) -- Pictorial works.
YCBA Collections Search
Moses, Henry, 1782?-1870, Picturesque views of Ramsgate,, 1817 [i.e., 1821]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.