Description of a view of the ruins of the city of Pompeii,, 1824
- Description of a view of the ruins of the city of Pompeii, and surrounding country, now exhibiting in the Panorama, Strand; painted from drawings taken on the spot by Mr. Burford.
- [London] 1824.
- Physical Description:
- 12 p. fold. front., ill. 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDG70 P7 D4Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : "J. and C. Adlard, printers."
BAC : Frontispiece by W. Hughes.
Title vignette (bronze medal found at Pompeii)
Includes a brief history of Pompeii and an explanation of the panorama, by Thomas Leverton Donaldson.
The artist is identified as John Burford in Notes and queries, v. 159 (1930), p. 75.
A different panorama showing Pompeii was at the Panorama, Leicester Square, at the same time.
- Subject Terms:
- Panoramas.Pompeii (Extinct city) -- Description and travel.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.