Mudie, Robert, 1777-1842, The feathered tribes of the British islands, 1834
- The feathered tribes of the British islands. By Robert Mudie. ...
- London, Whittaker & Co.; 1834.
Edinburgh, Waugh & Innes; 1834.
Dublin, John Cumming, 1834.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. col. fronts., ill., col. plates. 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQL690 G7 M9Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : Advertisements: 6,  p. at end of v. 1;  p. at end of v. 2.
BAC : The plate in v. 1 showing the tom tit, yellow bunting, grossbill, and wood lark is not included in the list of illustrations.
BAC : Title vignettes "engraved on wood and printed in colours, by G. Baxter."
BAC : "Gilbert & Rivington, printers."
Title vignettes, colored.
On spine: Mudie's British birds.
Friedman, J. Color printing in England, 1486-1870, 44
Selected exhibitions: "Color Printing in England, 1486-1870" (Yale Center for British Art, 20 April-25 June, 1978).
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- Subject Terms:
- Birds -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.