Practical perspective, exemplified on landscapes. By Thomas Noble ... Engraved by John Clark.
- The 2d ed. With an essay on the practice of taking views, and many other considerable additions and improvements by the author.
- London, Edward Orme, 1809.
- Physical Description:
- viii, -57 p., 1 leaf. col. front., X (i.e. 12) plates (1 col., incl. diagrs.) 35 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC750 N6 1809+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC750 N6 1809+ Copy 2 OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC : British Art Center has two copies. The imprint date in copy 1 has been scratched out; its plates are watermarked 1804-7, and its text is watermarked 1808. Copy 2, in which the plates are uncolored, has plates watermarked 1819, and text watermarked 1808. In copy 2, p. [v]-viii are misbound.
BAC : Tail-piece.
BAC : Printed by John Hayes.
BAC : One plate signed Swaine.
Two "explanatory" plates precede the numbered plates.
- Subject Terms:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.