Couch, Jonathan, 1789-1870, A history of the fishes of the British Islands, 1862-65
A history of the fishes of the British Islands. By Jonathan Couch ...
- London, Groombridge and Sons, 1862-65.
- Physical Description:
- 4 v. ill., 252 col. plates (incl. fronts.) 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQL633.G7 C8Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Friedman, J. Color printing in England, 1486-1870, 98
Selected exhibitions: "Color Printing in England, 1486-1870" (Yale Center for British Art, 20 April-25 June, 1978).
Advertisements: front and back endpapers of vols. 1 and 2.
Plates engraved by A.F. Lydon, after the author's drawings.--Cf. Friedman, Joan. Color printing in England, New Haven, 1978, 98.
Vol. 1 has imprint date 1862; v. 2, 1863; v. 3, 1864; v. 4, 1865.
Vols. 1, 3, and 4 retain their original dust-wrappers.
"B. Fawcett, engraver and printer, Driffield."
Tanselle, G.T. Book-jackets: their history, forms, and use, 62.2
- Subject Terms:
- Fishes -- Great Britain.
- Dust jackets (Binding) -- 1862.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.