IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Gyfford, E, Designs for small picturesque cottages and hunting boxes , 1807
Designs for small picturesque cottages and hunting boxes : adapted for ornamental retreats and hunting and shooting : also some designs for park entrances, bridges, &c carefully studied and thrown into perspective / by E. Gyfford, architect ; engraved on twenty plates ; forming part the first of a series of select architecture.
- London : Published by J. Taylor, at the Architectural Library, no. 59, High Holborn, J. Harding, St. James's Street, and J. Carpenter, Old Bond Street, 1807.
- Physical Description:
- 16 p., 20 leaves of plates : ill. ; 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA7562 G92+ OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA7562 G92+ Copy 2 OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA7562 G9+ Copy 3 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Gyfford's original drawings for this work are now in the collections of the Yale Center for British Art, Department of Rare Books and Manuscripts (NA7562 .G92a+ Oversize).
The 20 plates depict designs for cottages (nos. 1-3), hunting boxes (4-14), park entrances and lodges (15-17), bridges (18-19), and a Chinese temple (20).
"S. Gosnell, printer, Little Queen Street."--Verso of title page.
British Architectural Library. Early printed books, 1478-1840, 1418
BAC : British Art Center has 3 copies. Copy 1 has the bookplate of Chas. F. Humbert. Copy 2, which is 29 cm., has the bookplate of the Rt. Hon. Lord Gray. With copy 2 is bound copy 2 of the author's Designs for elegant cottages and small villas. London, 1806. Copy 3, which is 31 cm., is bound with copy 3 of the author's Designs for elegant cottages and small villas. London, 1806 (call number: NA7562 +G9).
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Domestic -- Great Britain -- Designs and plans.Carpenter, J. -- Publisher.Cottages -- Great Britain -- Designs and plans.Gray, Lord -- Bookplate.Harding, J. -- Publisher.Humbert, Charles F. -- Bookplate.Picturesque, The, in architecture -- Great Britain.Taylor, J. -- Publisher.
- Aquatints -- 1807.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.