Dell'anotomia et dell'infirmità del cauallo / di Carlo Ruini senatore Bolognese.
- Additional Title(s):
Dell'anatomia et dell'infirmità del cavallo
Dell'infirmiià del cauallo
Dell'infirmità del cavallo
- In Bologna : Presso gli heredi di Gio. Rossi, MDXCVIII 
- Physical Description:
- 2 pt. in 1 v. (, 295, , 386,  p.) : ill. ; 32 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF765 .R85 1598+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Running title in pt. 1: Della anatomia del cavallo; pt. 2: Delle infirmitadi de' cavalli.
"Dell'infirmiià [sic] del cauallo" has separate dated t.p. and begins new pagination and register.
Leaf 2C2 appears to exist in two states; one mis-signed 2B2, the other signed correctly.
Pagination errors: p. 53, 56 and 293 of pt. 1 are misnumbered as 56, 53 and 295 respectively.
Signatures: pi² *-**⁶ ***⁴ a-2a⁶ 2b⁴ ²pi²(²pi1 blank) A-2L⁶ 2M⁴ (2M4 blank) (versos of pi1,2, ***4, 2b4, and ²pi1 are blank)
Woodcut arms of Cardinal Pietro Aldobrandini, to whom the work is dedicated, on t.p.s to both pt.
Includes numerous woodcut anatomical illustrations (213 illustrations on 64 pages, all within pt. 1)
Printed marginal notes.
Wood engraved head- and tail-pieces; initials.
Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 16
Short-title catalogue of books printed in Italy and of Italian books printed in other countries from 1465 to 1600 now in the British Museum, p. 592
Huth, F.H. Works on horses and equitation, 13
Errata on p.  of vol. 1; on p.  at end of vol. 2.
BAC: British Art Center copy has leaf 2C signed correctly. Title page and dedication leaf remargined; possibly supplied from another copy. Bound in 20th century gilt tooled vellum with yap edges over boards in cardboard slip-case. Gilt armorial centerpiece with inscription "Ex Bibliotheca Hippologica I. H. Anderhub" on upper and lower boards (the bulk of this collection, with the exception of some individual prints and plates, was sold in 1963).
- Subject Terms:
- Anderhub, I. H. -- Provenance.Bibliotheca Hippologica I. H. Anderhub -- Provenance.Horses -- Anatomy -- Early works to 1800.Horses -- Diseases -- Early works to 1800.Veterinary medicine -- Early works to 1800.
- Wood engravings -- 1598.
Woodcuts -- 1598.
YCBA Collections Search
Ruini, Carlo, d. 1598, Dell'anotomia et dell'infirmità del cauallo , MDXCVIII 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.