Linwood, Mary, 1755-1845, The Linwood gallery of pictures in needle-work , 1811
- The Linwood gallery of pictures in needle-work : with a biographical sketch of the painters.
- London : Sold by J. Harris, corner of St. Pauls Church Yard, 1811.
London : Printed by Rider and Weed, Little Britain
- Physical Description:
- vi, , 8-71,  pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 15 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK9198 L5 L5Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Related Content:
- View the catalog record for Linwood's needlepoint picture Tygress, after George Stubbs
- The entry for George Stubbs, pages 33-34, makes an indirect reference is Linwood's Tygress. The original needlework picture is now in the collection of the Yale Center for British Art, Department of Rare Books and Manuscripts (see link provided herewith).
Engravings by Charles Knight.
Title page is engraved.
Printer statement from foot of page 71.
Last page blank.
Fairman, Elisabeth R. Pleasures and pastimes, 105
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- Subject Terms:
- Decoration and ornament -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Embroidery -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Linwood, Mary, 1755-1845.Needlework -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Stubbs, George, 1724-1806. Tigress.
- Engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1811.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.