Linwood, Mary, 1755-1845, The Linwood gallery of pictures in needle-work , 1811
The Linwood gallery of pictures in needle-work : with a biographical sketch of the painters.
- London : Sold by J. Harris, corner of St. Pauls Church Yard, 1811.
London : Printed by Rider and Weed, Little Britain
- Physical Description:
- vi, , 8-71,  pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 15 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK9198 L5 L5Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- The entry for George Stubbs, pages 33-34, makes an indirect reference is Linwood's Tygress. The original needlework picture is now in the collection of the Yale Center for British Art, Department of Rare Books and Manuscripts (see link provided herewith).
Engravings by Charles Knight.
Title page is engraved.
Printer statement from foot of page 71.
Last page blank.
Fairman, Elisabeth R. Pleasures and pastimes, 105
- Subject Terms:
- Decoration and ornament -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Embroidery -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Linwood, Mary, 1755-1845.Needlework -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Stubbs, George, 1724-1806. Tigress.
- Engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1811.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.