Gilpin, William, 1724-1804, An essay upon prints: containing remarks upon the principles of picturesque beauty;, 1768
- An essay upon prints: containing remarks upon the principles of picturesque beauty; the different kinds of prints; and the characters of the most noted masters: illustrated by criticisms upon particular pieces: to which are added, some cautions that may be useful in collecting prints ...
- Alternate Title(s):
- Essay on prints ...
- 2d ed.
- London, G. Scott, for J. Robson, 1768.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 246 p. 20 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNE430 G48 1768Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Third (1781) and fourth (1792) editions have title: An essay on prints.
- Subject Terms:
- Engravers.Engraving.Prints -- Collectors and collecting.Prints.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.