Bickham, George, 1706?-1771, An introduction to the art of drawing,, [17--]
An introduction to the art of drawing, neatly engraved by G. Bickham: on thirty-six plates.
- London, Printed for Robert Sayer [17--]
- Physical Description:
- 1 p.., 35 plates on 34 leaves. 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC735 B5Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : Plates 29 and 31 appear together on a single leaf.
BAC : One plate after Barlow.
Published after 1745 when the publisher set up his establishment at 53 Fleet Street.--Cf. Maxted, Ian. The London Book Trades 1775-1800. Folkestone, Eng., 1977.
- Subject Terms:
- Drawing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Drawing -- Technique.
- Drawing books.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.