IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Bickham, George, 1706?-1771, An introduction to the art of drawing,, [17--]
An introduction to the art of drawing, neatly engraved by G. Bickham: on thirty-six plates.
- London, Printed for Robert Sayer [17--]
- Physical Description:
- 1 p.., 35 plates on 34 leaves. 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC735 B5Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- BAC : Plates 29 and 31 appear together on a single leaf.
BAC : One plate after Barlow.
Published after 1745 when the publisher set up his establishment at 53 Fleet Street.--Cf. Maxted, Ian. The London Book Trades 1775-1800. Folkestone, Eng., 1977.
- Subject Terms:
- Drawing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Drawing -- Technique.
- Drawing books.
The Line of Beauty : British Drawings and Watercolors of the Eighteenth Century (Yale Center for British Art, 2001-05-19 - 2001-08-05) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.