Bewick, Thomas, 1753-1828, A general history of quadrupeds, 1800
- A general history of quadrupeds. The figures engraved on wood by T. Bewick.
- 4th ed.
- Newcastle upon Tyne, Printed by and for S. Hodgson, R. Beilby, and T. Bewick; sold by them, and J. Bell, Newcastle; by G.G. & J. Robinson, J. Mawman and F. & C. Rivington, London, 1800.
- Physical Description:
- x, 525,  p. ill. 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNJ18 B47 A15 Qu3 1800+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : Roscoe 4a, variant B.
BAC : Imperfect? Advertisement for Bewick's "British Birds", one leaf conjugate with and preceding title, called for by Roscoe, wanting.
BAC : "Printed by S. Hodgson", p. 519.
"Letterpress by R. Beilby."--Dict. Nat. Biog.
Title vignette; tail-pieces.
"Addenda", p. -525; errata, p. .
Of green leaf, bird, and flower: artists' books and the natural world, p. 31.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- Subject Terms:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.