Broke, Arthur de Capell, Sir, Bart., 1791-1858, Winter sketches in Lapland,, 1826
- Winter sketches in Lapland, or Illustrations of a journey from Alten on the shores of the Polar Sea ... through Norwegian, Russian, and Swedish Lapland, to Torneå at the extremity of the Gulf of Bothnia. Intended to exhibit a complete view of the mode of travelling with rein-deer, the most striking incidents that occurred during the journey, and the general character of the winter scenery of Lapland. By Arthur De Capell Brooke ...
- London, John Murray, 1826.
- Physical Description:
- 2 p.., XXIV col. plates. 59 cm. (in case, 63 cm.)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B D 4Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B D 4Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Abbey, J.R. Travel 249
Friedman, J. Color printing in England, 1486-1870, 122
Selected exhibitions: "Color Printing in England, 1486-1870" (Yale Center for British Art, 20 April-25 June, 1978).
BAC: British Art Center has 2 copies. Copy 1 has the bookplate of Louise Arner Boyd; t.-p. inscribed "with Capt. Brookes compts." Copy 2 is the Abbey copy and has mounted plates with added hand coloring.
BAC : Plates by J.D. Harding and D. Dighton, after sketches by the author.
BAC : "Printed by C. Hullmandel."
T.-p.'s and legends to plates in English and French.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- Subject Terms:
- Lapland -- Pictorial works.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.