Abbeokuta; or, Sunrise within the tropics: an outline of the origin and progress of the Yoruba mission. By Miss Tucker.
- 2d ed.
- London, James Nisbet and Co., 1853.
- Physical Description:
- vi p., 1 leaf, 278 p. col. front., 5 plates (1 col.), 2 fold. maps. 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsBV3630 Y6 T83 1853b Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsBV3630 Y6 T83 1853b Copy 2View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Friedman, J. Color printing in England, 1486-1870, 67
Selected exhibitions: "Color Printing in England, 1486-1870" (Yale Center for British Art, 20 April-25 June, 1978).
BAC : Abbey, Travel, 287.
BAC : British Art Center has 2 copies. Copy 1 is the Abbey copy, and has bookplate of Henry B. Marshall.
BAC : Advertisements: 1 leaf at end.
BAC : Text printed by C. Richards.
BAC : Maps lithographed by A. Petermann.
BAC : Some plates by J.W. Whimper; color plates printed by W. Dickes.
- Subject Terms:
- Slavery -- Africa.Yoruba (African people) -- Missions.