Lizars, W. H. (William Home), 1788-1859, Specimens of engraving, lithography & typography, 1849
Specimens of engraving, lithography & typography.
- Edinburgh, W.H. Lizars, 1849.
- Physical Description:
- 5 p.., 16 numb. leaves, 1 leaf, 17-46 numb. leaves. plates (part. col., part. fold.) facsims. 22 x 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNE2850 L5+ OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC : Plates by the author, frequently after Wm. Banks.
BAC : Certain plates published individually by W. Thompson, Berwick; J. Halliburton, Coldstream; and others.
Part 2 has special t.-p.: Specimens of plain and ornamental types, etc., etc., for letter-press printing.
Friedman, J. Color printing in England, 1486-1870, 89
Selected exhibitions: "Color Printing in England, 1486-1870" (Yale Center for British Art, 20 April-25 June, 1978).
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving -- Printing -- Specimens.Lithography -- Printing -- Specimens.Printing -- Specimens.