Italian scenery : from drawings made in 1817 / by Miss Batty.
- London : Published by Rodwell & Martin, New Bond Street, 1820.
- Physical Description:
- , 197,  p., 60 leaves of plates : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNE1724 .B38 1820+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Engravings by Charles Heath, James Lewis, Charles Askey, Richard Rhodes, J. Wallis, George Corbould, William Raymond Smith, Robert Wallis, Alfred Robert Freebairn, Samuel Mitan, and Edward Finden; after Elizabeth Frances Batty.
Printed by Thomas Davison, Whitefriars.
Title page is engraved.
BM (compact ed.), v. 2, p. 568
Eng. cat. of books, Prel. vol., p. 44
BEIR WD 6870: 1 p. l. wanting.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary maroon half roan and marbled boards. Bookplate: James Frothingham Hunnewell.
- Subject Terms:
- Davison, Thomas -- Printer.Hunnewell, James Frothingham -- Bookplate.Italy -- Description and travel.Italy -- Pictorial works.Rodwell & Martin -- Publisher.
- Engravings -- 1820.
Steel engravings -- 1820.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.