Richardson, Thomas Miles, 1813-1890, Sketches in Italy, Switzerland, France &c, 1837 [i.e. 1838]
Sketches in Italy, Switzerland, France &c. By T.M. Richardson Junr.
- London, Thomas McLean; 1837 [i.e. 1838]
Newcastle Tyne, Fenwick Loraine, 1837 [i.e. 1838]
- Physical Description:
- 2 p.., 25 col. plates. 55 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B N 16 Copy 1View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B N 16 Copy 2View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Friedman, J. Color printing in England, 1486-1870, 127
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 30
Selected exhibitions: "Color Printing in England, 1486-1870" (Yale Center for British Art, 20 April-25 June, 1978).
BAC : British Art Center has 2 copies. Copy 1 has the bookplate of James Frothingham Hunnewell. Copy 2 is the Abbey copy and measures 56 x 50 cm., has no lettering on the t.-p. and wants the dedication and list of plates (2d p..). In copy 2 the plates have added hand coloring and are mounted. Copy 2 has the bookplate of Christopher Turnor. Copy 2 has a 3 page prospectus inlaid on 2 leaves at the beginning.
BAC : "Printed at A. Ducote's & C. Hullmandel's lithographic establishments."
Lithographic t.-p., illustrated.
A number of plates dated 1838.
- Subject Terms:
- France -- Description and travel.France -- Pictorial works.Italy -- Description and travel.Italy -- Pictorial works.Switzerland -- Description and travel.Switzerland -- Pictorial works.