IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Robertson, David, active 1794, A tour through the Isle of Man , 1794
A tour through the Isle of Man : to which is subjoined a review of the Manks history / by David Robertson, Esq.
- London : Printed for the author, by E. Hodson, Bell-Yard, Temple-Bar. Sold by Mr. Payne, News-Gate; Mess. Egertons, Whitehall; Whites, Fleet-Street; and Deighton, Holborn, 1794.
- Physical Description:
- , 233,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670.M2 R63 1794aYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Aquatint engravings by and after George Isham Parkyns.
The democratical passage (p. 233-235) for which the author was prosecuted is not present.
Last page blank.
English short title catalogue, T154234
Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 555
BEIR Edea M297 +791R: Does not have democratical passage: text ends on p. 233.
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Has hand-coloured plates. First plate bound in as frontispiece.
- Subject Terms:
- Deighton -- Bookseller.Egerton, Mess. -- Bookseller.Great Britain -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.Hodson, E. -- Printer.Isle of Man -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.Isle of Man -- History -- Early works to 1800.Payne, Mr. -- Bookseller.Whites -- Bookseller.
- Aquatints -- 1794.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1794.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.