IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Barclay, John, 1582-1621, Euphormio's Satyricon , 1954
Euphormio's Satyricon / by John Barclay ; translated from the Latin into English for the first time, from the 1605 edition, by Paul Turner ; ten wood engravings by Derrick Harris.
- Additional Title(s):
- London : Printed in Great Britain by the Golden Cockerel Press, 1954.
- Physical Description:
- , 158 pages,  leaves of plates : ilustrations ; 29 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPA8465.S3 T87 1954+Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- "Designed, produced, and published by Christopher Sandford at the Golden Cockerel Press, London, in Perpetua type on mould-made paper. Composition and presswork under the supervision of K.S. Tollit at The Chiswick Press. The edition is limited to 260 copies. Numbers 1-60 are specially bound in full morocco."--Verso of title page.
A satire on the Jesuits.
Title page printed in black and red.
SML,Y Gr12 B235 +Eu6G: No. 131 of an ed. of 260 copies.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 4 of 260. One of 60 copies specially bound in red full morocco.
- Subject Terms:
- Jesuits.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.Satire, English.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Wood engravings -- 1954.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.