The art of painting in oyl. Wherein is included each particular circumstance relating to the best and most approved rules for preparing, mixing, and working of oyl colours ...
- The 5th impression with some alterations, and many matters added ... To which is added, The whole art and mystery of colouring maps, and other prints, with water-colours.
- London, Printed for A. Bettesworth, 1723.
- Physical Description:
- 4 p.., 108,  p. 17 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTT305 A2 S6 1723 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsTT305 A2 S6 1723 Copy 2View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC : British Art Center has 2 copies, which have different head-pieces on the 2d preliminary leaf. Copy 2 has a bookplate of George Baillie.
BAC : Advertisements:  p. at end.
BAC : Head- and tail-pieces; initials.
BAC : First published 1676 under title: The art of painting.
- Subject Terms:
- Paint.Painting, Industrial.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.