Batty, Captain (Robert), -1848, Welsh scenery , 1823
- Welsh scenery / from drawings by Captain Batty.
- London : John Murray, 1823.
- Physical Description:
- viii,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA730 .B38 1823+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Plates accompanied by unpaged descriptive text.
Printed by Thomas Davison, Whitefriars.
Steel engravings by Edward Finden; after Captain Robert Batty.
BAC: British Art Center copy has illustations in duplicate, with proofs before letters and the standard set of plates. Bound in half red calf and marbled boards. Bookplate: L.C. Berger, 1869.
- Chepstow, from the cliff opposite the town -- Ragland Castle -- Llantony Abbey -- Abergavenny Castle -- Hay -- Bridge at Rahyadergwy -- Valley of the Rheiddol, looking towards the Devil's Bridge -- Devil's Bridge -- Fall of the Rheiddol, near the Devil's Bridge -- Aberystwith and Cardigan Bay -- Welsh Coast near Aberystwith -- Cader Idris -- Harlech -- Harlech Castle -- Vale of Ffestiniog -- View looking towards the Pass of Bedgellart -- Pont-Abey-Glasllynn -- Nantz Mill -- Snowdon, from Llanberris -- Dolbadern Castle -- Snowdon, and Llanberris, from the road to Caernarvon -- Caernarvon Castle -- Eagle Tower, Caernarvon Castle -- Waterfall at Aber -- Conway Castle, from the banks of Conway below the town -- Conway Castle, from the wood opposite -- Rhyddlan Castle -- Denbigh -- Gateway of Denbigh Castle -- Llangellen -- View on the Dee, from Llangollen Bridge -- Valle Crucis Abbey -- Llangwast, or Valle Crucis Abbey, West Side -- Aqueduct over the Dee, called Pont-y-Cyssyltan -- Wrexham.
- Subject Terms:
- Berger, L. C. -- Bookplate, 1869.Davison, Thomas -- Printer.Landscape -- Wales.Murray, John -- Publisher.Steel engraving -- Specimens -- 1823.Wales -- Description and travel.Wales -- Pictorial works.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.