Williams, John, 1754-1818?, Memoirs of the Royal academicians;, 1796
- Memoirs of the Royal academicians; being an attempt to improve the national taste. By Anthony Pasquin ...
- [London] H.D. Symonds, P. M'Queen, and T. Bellamy, 1796.
- Physical Description:
- 3 p.., -148 p. 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1156 W5Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC: British Art Center copy has added to it two pages from The European magazine.
Title-vignette by the author.
A satirical review of the Royal Academy exhibition of 1794.
A reissue of the author's A liberal critique on the exhibition for 1794, and The Royal academicians, with a new t.-p. and half-title.
At foot of p. 148: "End of the first volume." Although the author reviewed the exhibitions of 1796-7 in two works with titles beginning: A critical guide ..., his An authentic history of the professors of painting, sculpture, & architecture, who have practised in Ireland is the true continuation of the present work.--Cf. R.W. Lightbown's introduction to the 1970 reprint of the author's An authentic history.
- Subject Terms:
- Painters -- Great Britain -- Anecdotes.Royal Academy of Arts (Great Britain) -- Anecdotes.Williams, John, 1754-1818?. Liberal critique on the exhibition for 1794.Williams, John, 1754-1818?. Royal academicians.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.