IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Shaftesbury, Anthony Ashley Cooper, Earl of, 1671-1713, Characteristicks of men, manners, opinions, times, 1732
Characteristicks of men, manners, opinions, times. In three volumes. By the Right Honourable Anthony, Earl of Shaftesbury.
- The 5th ed., cor. With the addition of a letter concerning design.
- London, Printed by John Darby, 1732.
- Physical Description:
- 3 v. front. (port.) 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsB1385 A2 1732Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- BAC : Frontispiece by Sim. Gribelin, after J. Closterman; title vignettes and head-pieces also by Gribelin.
BEIN 2002 523: Armorial bookplate of Charles Grave Hudson.
Special t.-p. to each volume.
English short title catalogue, T144565
- Subject Terms:
- Characters and characteristics.Ethics.Hudson, Charles Grave -- Bookplate.
- Armorial bookplates (Provenance).
- Vol. I. A letter concerning enthusiasm. Sensus communis; an essay on the freedom of wit and humour. Soliloquy, or Advice to an author.--Vol. II. An inquiry concerning virtue and merit. The moralists; a philosophical rhapsody.--Vol. III. Miscellaneous reflections on the said treatises, and other critical subjects. A notion of the historical draught, or Tablature of the judgment of Hercules. With a letter concerning design.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.