Tracts relative to the island of St. Helena : written during a residence of five years / by Major-General Alexander Beatson ; illustrated with views, engraved by Mr. William Daniell, from the drawings of Samuel Davis, Esq.
- London : Printed by W. Bulmer and Co., 1816.
- Physical Description:
- , xix, , lxxxvii, , 330 p.,  leaves of plates : ill., plan ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDT671.S2 B43 1816+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Aquatint engravings by William Daniell; after Samuel Davis. Engraving of the Geological plan and elevation of St. Helena by Thomas Girtin.
"An alphabetical list of plants, seen by Dr. Roxburgh growing on the island of St. Helena, in 1813-14": p. 295-326.
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 312
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in original gray paper boards. Paper label on spine.
- Subject Terms:
- Agriculture -- St. Helena.Botany -- St. Helena.St. Helena -- Description and travel.St. Helena -- History.W. Bulmer and Co. -- Printer.
- Travel literature.
Aquatints -- 1816.
YCBA Collections Search
Beatson, Alexander, 1759-1833, Tracts relative to the island of St. Helena , 1816
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.