Polygraphice; or The arts of drawing, engraving, etching, limning, painting, washing, varnishing, gilding, colouring, dying, beautifying and perfuming. In four books ...
- The second ed., with many large additions. Adorned with sculptures: the like never yet extant. By William Salmon ...
- London, Printed by E.T. and R.H. for John Crumpe, 1673.
- Physical Description:
- 4 p.., 352,  p. front., ill., plates. 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7420 S2 1673View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC : Frontispiece, plates, and illustrations by W. Sherwin and Guil. Vaughan.
BAC : The illustrations appear as separate plates in successive editions.
The engraved frontispiece, which is really an added t.-p., has the imprint "Printed for R. Jones."
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Early works to 1800.Portrait painting.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.