Polygraphice: or, The arts of drawing, engraving, etching, limning, painting, vernishing, japaning, gilding, &c. In two volumes ...
- The 8th ed. enl., with above five hundred considerable additions thro' the whole work; and the addition of almost five whole books, not in any of the former impressions: adorned with XXV copper sculptures, the like never yet extant. By William Salmon, M.D. ...
- London, Printed for A. and J. Churchill, and J. Nicholson, 1701.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. front. (port.) plates. 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7420 S2 1701Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : Frontispiece engraved by M.V. Gucht.
BAC : Advertisement on p. 939; full-page advertisement on verso of p. 939.
Added t.-p., engraved.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Early works to 1800.Medicine -- Formulae, receipts, prescriptions.Palmistry.Portrait painting.
- v. 1. I. The arts of drawing men, women, landskips, &c. II. Of engraving, etching, and limning. III. Of painting, washing, coloring, gilding. IV. Of the original, advancement and perfection of painting, with the various paintings of the ancients. V. Of the arts of beautifying and perfuming. VI. Of the arts of dying and staining.--v. 2. VII. Of alchymie, and the grand elixir of philosophers. VIII. Of the 112 chymical arcana of Peter Faber. IX. Of chiromantical signatures. X. Of staining and painting glass, enamel and Gems. XI. Of vernishing, japaning, and gilding.