Polygraphice: or The arts of drawing, engraving, etching, limning, painting, washing, varnishing, gilding, colouring, dying, beautifying and perfuming. In four books ... To which is added a discourse of perspective and chiromancy.
- The 4th ed., with many large additions: adorned with sculptures: the like never yet extant. By William Salmon ...
- London, Printed by Robert White, for John Crumpe, and sold by Charles Passinger, 1678.
- Physical Description:
- 5 p.., 407,  p. front. (port.) plates. 20 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7420 S2 1678Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC : Imperfect: frontispiece wanting.
BAC : Advertisement:  p. at end.
BAC : Added t.-p. and plates by W. Sherwin and Guil. Vaughan.
Added t.-p., engraved, with imprint 1675.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Early works to 1800.Medicine -- Formulae, receipts, prescriptions.Palmistry.Portrait painting.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.