Elsum, John, fl. 1700-1705, A description of the celebrated pieces of paintings;, 1704
- A description of the celebrated pieces of paintings; of the most eminent masters ancient and modern, with reflections upon the several foreign-schools of painting. By John Elsum esq;
- London, Printed for D. Brown, S. Clark, and C. King, 1704.
- Physical Description:
- 133,  p., 1 leaf. 20 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1130 E4Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : With this is bound the author's The art of painting after the Italian manner, London, 1704.
The sheets of the author's Epigrams upon the paintings of the most eminent masters, London, 1700, with a new t.-p.
- Subject Terms:
- Art in literature.Painting -- Early works to 1800.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.