Sketches on the art of painting; with a description of the most capital pictures in the King of Spain's palace at Madrid. In a letter from Sir Anthony Raphael Mengs ... to Don Antonio Ponz ... Translated from the original Spanish, by John Talbot Dillon ...
- Additional Title(s):
Carta de D. Antonio Mengs a D. Antonio Ponz. English
- London, Printed for R. Baldwin, 1782.
- Physical Description:
- 2 p.l., xii, 128 p., 1 leaf. 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND27 M68View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC : Advertisements: verso of last leaf.
Published also in Antonio Ponz, Viage de España, at the end of his description of the palace, from which this is translated--cf. p. iii-iv.
- Subject Terms:
- Painting -- Early works to 1800.Painting -- Spain.Palacio de Oriente (Spain)
YCBA Collections Search
Mengs, Anton Raphael, 1728-1779, Sketches on the art of painting;, 1782
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.