Dowsing, William, 1596?-1679?, The journal of William Dowsing, of Stratford,, 1786
- The journal of William Dowsing, of Stratford, parliamentary visitor, appointed under a warrant from the Earl of Manchester, for demolishing the superstitious pictures and ornaments of churches &c. within the county of Suffolk, in the years 1643-1644.
- Woodbridge, Printed by and for R. Loder, sold by J. Nichols, London, 1786.
- Physical Description:
- 2 p.., 19 p. 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsBX5075 A5 D6Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : Advertisements:  p. at end.
- Subject Terms:
- Church buildings -- England -- Suffolk.Great Britain -- Church history -- 17th century.Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 1642-1649.Iconoclasm.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.