Fearnside, W. G. (William Gray), The history of London, 184-?]
- The history of London: illustrated by views in London & Westminster engraved by John Woods, from original drawings by Shepherd, Garland, Salmon, Topham, Clarke, Browne, Roberts, &c. Edited by William Gray Fearnside, esq., and (in continuation) by Thomas Harral ...
- London, Orr and Co.; [etc., etc., 184-?]
- Physical Description:
- 3 p.., 203,  p., 1 leaf, vi, , ii, 158 p. front., plates. 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA678 F3 1840z+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : Plates by J. Woods, J. Hopkins, T. Cox, W.E. Albutt, J. Turnbull, W. Henshall, J. Henshall, J.C. Bentley, C. Bentley, W. Floyd, C. Mottram, J.C. Varrall, M. Wilson, and J. Fussell; after Hablot Browne, R. Garland, T.H. Shepherd, J. Salmon, T. Clark, Roberts, F.W
BAC : The first work was printed by W.J. Sears; the second, by Richard and John E. Taylor.
Added t.-p., engr.: Woods's views in London, Westminster, and their vicinities.
On cover: London and its environs.
Actually two works bound together. "The history of London" (3 p.., 203,  p.; later published under title: Holmes's great metropolis) was published separately in 1838.
"Select illustrated topography of thirty miles round London" (1 leaf, vi, , ii, 158 p.) was published separately in 1839, with the author's name, William Edward Trotter, on t.-p.
- Subject Terms:
- London (England) -- Description and travel.London (England) -- History.London (England) -- Pictorial works.London (England) -- Suburbs and environs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.