The voyage of the Bounty's launch : as related in William Bligh's despatch to the Admiralty and the journal of John Fryer / with an introduction by Owen Rutter and wood-engravings by Robert Gibbings.
- London : The Golden Cockerel Press, 1934.
- Physical Description:
- 86,  pages : illustrations ; 32 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDU21 .B55 1934+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "The voyage of the Bounty's launch has been printed and made in Great Britain by Christopher Sandford, Francis J. Newbery, and Owen Rutter at the Golden Cockerel Press, 10 Staple Inn, London. Compositors: A.H. Gibbs & E.J. Ward. Pressman: H. Barker. The edition is limited to 300 copies printed on Arnold's all rag paper."--Colophon.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 95
BAC: British Art Center copy is numbers 263 of 300. Bound in red and white canvas.
- Subject Terms:
- Bounty (Ship)Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.Voyages and travels.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Wood engravings -- 1934.
YCBA Collections Search
Bligh, William, 1754-1817, The voyage of the Bounty's launch , 1934
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.