Blew, William C. A. Charles Arlington, 1848-, The Quorn hunt and its masters , 1899
- The Quorn hunt and its masters / by William C.A. Blew With 24 illustrations drawn by Henry Aiken, 12 of which are coloured by hand, also a coloured map of the Quorn and surrounding countries.
- London : J.C. Nimmo, 1899.
- Physical Description:
- xxiii, 396 p. : ill. ; 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSporting 287Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Illustrations coloured by hand.
Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 268
BAC: British Art Center copy: Rib-grain red cloth; pictorial stamping of hunt scene in black and gold on front cover, pictorial stamping of hunt scene in gold on spine, stamped in white lines and gilt on front cover and spine, gold lettering on front cover and spine, blind stamped on back cover, top edge gilt. Half-title, frontispiece, title-page, 12 plates of hand-colored photolithographs, 1 plate of a color lithograph, 7 line-photoengravings in text, 5 halftone-photoengravings in text, map. Illustrations after Henry Alken. Spine height: 10 1/2 inches.
- Subject Terms:
- Sports -- Great Britain -- Leicestershire.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.