Scenes from the snow-fields; being illustrations of the upper ice-world of Mont Blanc, from sketches made on the spot in the years 1855, 1856, 1857, 1858; with historical and descriptive remarks, and a comparison of the Chamonix and St. Gervais routes. By Edmund T. Coleman ... The views lithographed and printed in colours by Vincent Brooks.
- London, Longman, Brown, Green, Longmans, and Roberts, 1859.
- Physical Description:
- 2 p.., [vii]-viii, 47 p. XII col. pl. 56 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A D 10Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Friedman, J. Color printing in England, 1486-1870, 177
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 68
Selected exhibitions: "Color Printing in England, 1486-1870" (Yale Center for British Art, 20 April-25 June, 1978).
BAC : "John Edward Taylor, printer."
BAC: Abbey copy.
- Subject Terms:
- Blanc, Mont (France and Italy)
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.