A letter to a friend upon the occasion of the death of an intimate friend : together with, Christian morals / by Sir Thomas Browne, Physician of Norwich.
- Additional Title(s):
- Waltham Saint Lawrence, Berkshire : Printed & sold at the Golden Cockerel Press, 1923.
- Physical Description:
- , 4-67,  pages ; 27 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR3327 .A86 1923+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "Here end a letter to a friend & Christian morals. CXV copies, of which CV are for sale, printed at the Golden Cockerel Press. Finished May XIX, MCMXXIII."--Colophon.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 13
SML,Y Ij B818 C923 2: No. 81. Binder's title: Christian morals, &c.
BAC: British Art Center has copy no. 51 of 115. Bound in beige quarter buckram with gray paper covered boards. Bookplate: Percy Lancelot Babington.
- Subject Terms:
- Authors, English -- Early modern, 1500-1700 -- Correspondence.Babington, Percy Lancelot -- Bookplate.Browne, Thomas, Sir, 1605-1682 -- Correspondence.Christian ethics.Civilization, Modern -- 17th century.Death.Friendship.Physicians -- Great Britain -- Correspondence.Private press books -- England -- Waltham Saint Lawrence -- Specimens.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- Waltham Saint Lawrence.
YCBA Collections Search
Browne, Thomas, Sir, 1605-1682, A letter to a friend upon the occasion of the death of an intimate friend , 1923
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.