IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
R. B., 1632?-1725?, The surprizing miracles of nature and art,, 1683
The surprizing miracles of nature and art, in two parts. Containing I. The miracles of nature, or the strange signs and prodigious aspects and appearances in the heavens, the earth, and the waters ... II. The miracles of art, describing the most magnificent buildings, and other curious inventions in all ages ... By R.B.
- London, Printed for Nath. Crouch, 1683.
- Physical Description:
- 2 p.., 222 [i.e. 232] p. front., 5 plates. 15 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQH41 C7 1683View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- BAC : One leaf of ms. notes about the wonders of 1692 bound in before t.-p.
R.B. stands for Richard or Robert Burton, the pseudonym of Nathaniel Crouch.
First published, 1678, with title: Miracles of art and nature.
Numerals 155-164 repeated in paging.
Signatures: A-K¹² (K11-12, publisher's advertisements).
Wing, 2d ed., C. 7439.
- Subject Terms:
- Curiosities and wonders -- Early works to 1900.Natural history -- Pre-Linnean works.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.