Morden, Robert, approximately 1650-1703, Geography rectified, 1688
- Geography rectified: or, A description of the world, in all its kingdoms, provinces, countries ... As also their commodities, coins, weights, and measures, compared with those at London. Illustrated with seventy six maps.
- The 2d ed., enl. with above above thirty sheets more in the description, and about twenty new maps ... By Robert Morden ...
- London, Printed for Robert Morden and Thomas Cockerill, 1688.
- Physical Description:
- 8 p.., 596 [i.e. 592] p. ill. (maps) 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG120 M83 1688 copy 1Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsG120 M83 1688 copy 2Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : British Art Center has 2 copies. Copy 1 has the autograph and bookplate of George Baillie; copy 2 has the autographs of John Thompson, and M. Gregson.
BAC : Title in red and black.
Maps engraved in text.
Signatures: A⁴a⁴B-2Q⁴3A-4F⁴4G⁴(4G1+ ¹)4H-4M⁴4N⁴(-4N4).
Errors in pagination: p. 305-320 omitted; wanting? Pages 486-495 repeated in paging; 2 unnumbered pages inserted between p. 544 and 545.
- Subject Terms:
- Geography -- Early works to 1800.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.