Geography rectified: or, A description of the world, in all its kingdoms, provinces, countries ... As also their commodities, coins, weights, and measures, compared with those at London. Illustrated with seventy six maps.
- The 2d ed., enl. with above above thirty sheets more in the description, and about twenty new maps ... By Robert Morden ...
- London, Printed for Robert Morden and Thomas Cockerill, 1688.
- Physical Description:
- 8 p.., 596 [i.e. 592] p. ill. (maps) 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG120 M83 1688 copy 1View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsG120 M83 1688 copy 2View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- BAC : British Art Center has 2 copies. Copy 1 has the autograph and bookplate of George Baillie; copy 2 has the autographs of John Thompson, and M. Gregson.
BAC : Title in red and black.
Maps engraved in text.
Signatures: A⁴a⁴B-2Q⁴3A-4F⁴4G⁴(4G1+ ¹)4H-4M⁴4N⁴(-4N4).
Errors in pagination: p. 305-320 omitted; wanting? Pages 486-495 repeated in paging; 2 unnumbered pages inserted between p. 544 and 545.
- Subject Terms:
- Geography -- Early works to 1800.
YCBA Collections Search
Morden, Robert, approximately 1650-1703, Geography rectified, 1688
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.