The worrs [i.e. works] of the Marchioness de Lambert ... Carefully translated from the French.
- Additional Title(s):
Oeuvres de madame la Mise. de Lambert. English
- The 2d ed.
- London, Printed for William Owen, 1756.
- Physical Description:
- 338 p. ; 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPQ1993 L428 A2 1756View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC : Advertisements: 1 leaf at the beginning.
BEIR Hfc35 220: Autograph: F. Holcom[be].
"Memoirs of the life of the Marchioness de Lambert": p. 3-8.
- Subject Terms:
- Holcombe, F -- Autograph.
- Advice of a mother to her son.--Advice of a mother to her daughter.--A treatise on friendship.--A treatise on old age.--Reflections on various subjects.--Psyche, the Greek name for the soul.--Characters of different persons.--Dialogue between Alexander and Diogenes on the equality of worldly benefits.--A discourse on the opinion of a certain lady ... that love was allowable in women even after youth.--A discourse of the delicacy of genius and sentiment.--A discourse on the difference between reputation and esteem.--The female hermit, a novel.--Letters to and from divers eminent persons.